Monday, October 10, 2011

Coho fishing on the Olympic Peninsula

The fall colors of Elwha river are starting to turn hues of yellow, orange and red as the vine maples add some flavor to the greens of firs and alders.
I fished the rivers edge wrapped in a blanket of gray masking the valley's moss covered trees which stand like guardians of the waters. While fall colors abound I came in search of the bright chrome of Fall Coho. The sounds of glacier feed river spilling over the rocks fills the air broken only by the occasional fog horn of passing ships feeling their way through the Straits to Seattle or maybe Japan. This is a river of many memories for me as my father before me fished the shores and his father before him fished here as well. Catching one or two chromers is strictly a bonus. Today I was blessed with plenty of action and landed several nice fish. In the coming weeks I will

migrate once again to the Elwha just as the salmon do, somehow it just seems like the natural thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by tell us what you think of our site.